BELT TENSION DECAY OF AUTOMOTIVE V AND V-RIBBED BELTS
The tension decay of V and V-ribbed belts has been a concern of engineers and maintenance people for many years. The relationship between initial tension and retained tension is studied for a variety of belt cross sections. The study includes recommended tension decay test procedures, method of measuring belt tensions and recommended tension procedures to minimize the effect of tension decay.
- From SAE Meeting held June 9-13, 1980.
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- Fuetterer, W G
- Schlamadinger, H J
- Publication Date: 1980
- Pagination: 17 p.
- Society of Automotive Engineers Preprint
- Publisher: Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE)
- TRT Terms: Biodeterioration; Diesel engines; Manual safety belts; Manual transmissions; Measurement; Motor vehicles; Tension
- Old TRIS Terms: Belts; Mechanical drive
- Subject Areas: Highways; Vehicles and Equipment; I95: Vehicle Inspection;
- Accession Number: 00331336
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 800851, HS-030 253
- Files: HSL, TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 15 1983 12:00AM