CORRELATION BETWEEN OPEN AND CLOSED LOOP VEHICLE HANDLING MEASUREMENTS
This paper describes correlation between open and closed loop measurements of vehicle response time in transient steer maneuvers. Open loop tests were conducted by negotiating ramp steer and reverse ramp steer manuevers. The response time values were determined at five levels of lateral acceleration. Closed loop tests were conducted by negotiating lane change maneuvers.
- From SAE Meeting held June 9-13, 1980.
Warrendale, PA USA 15096
- Bergman, W
- Publication Date: 1980
- Pagination: 10 p.
- Society of Automotive Engineers Preprint
- Publisher: Society of Automotive Engineers
- TRT Terms: Acceleration (Mechanics); Automobiles; Driving; Feedback control; Handling characteristics; Lane changing; Loops (Control systems); Measurement; Motor vehicles; Performance; Performance tests; Steering; Vehicle performance; Vehicles
- Old TRIS Terms: Lateral movement; Vehicle maneuverability
- Subject Areas: Highways; Vehicles and Equipment; I95: Vehicle Inspection;
- Accession Number: 00331334
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 800846, HS-030 245
- Files: HSL, TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 15 1983 12:00AM