AGING OF PELLETED AND MONOLITHIC AUTOMOTIVE EMISSION CONTROL CATALYSTS
Experimental dual bed pelleted and monolithic automotive emission control catalysts were prepared and aged on an engine-dynamometer under identical conditions. The catalysts contained the same noble metal loadings and had the same noble metal ratios. The warmed-up conversion performance was obtained for both the front bed catalyst only and for the two catalyst beds in combination. The contaminant pickups and penetrations into the pellets were also measured.
- From SAE Meeting held June 9-13, 1980.
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- SUMMERS, J C
- Thompson, C E
- Publication Date: 1980
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 10 p.
- Society of Automotive Engineers Preprint
- Publisher: Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE)
- TRT Terms: Air quality management; Catalysts; Catalytic converters; Dynamometers; Emission control systems; Exhaust gases; Performance; Vehicle power plants
- Old TRIS Terms: Automobile engines; Exhaust emission control
- Subject Areas: Highways; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00331330
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 800842, HS-030 249
- Files: HSL, TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 15 1983 12:00AM