WINTER TIRE TESTING
The performance of winter tires is characterized by snow traction and ice skid tests. Winter tire testing is reviewed in regard to the hardware used, design of a test program, site selection, and data analysis. The description of the hardware includes a review of a new traction measurement system.
- Presented at the SAE Passenger Car Meeting, Dearborn, Michigan, 9-13 June 1980.
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- Davis, J B
- Wild, J R
- St John, N W
- Publication Date: 1980
- Pagination: 6 p.
- Society of Automotive Engineers Preprint
- Publisher: Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE)
- TRT Terms: Data analysis; Driving; Ice; Mathematical analysis; Measurement; Skid resistance tests; Snow; Tires; Traction; Winter
- Uncontrolled Terms: Hardware
- Subject Areas: Highways; Vehicles and Equipment; I95: Vehicle Inspection;
- Accession Number: 00331326
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 800838, HS-030 512
- Files: HSL, TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 15 1983 12:00AM