FATAL COLLISIONS BETWEEN CAR AND TRAIN
On the basis of 33 accidents in Denmark over the period 1973-1977, in which 37 persons were killed, epidemiological and traumatic aspects are discussed. Emphasis is laid upon the circumstances which make this type of accident different from ordinary fatal car accidents, and attention is drawn to the possibility of suicide.
- Record URL:
- Proceedings of the 8th International Conference, International Association for Accident and Traffic Medicine, held at the University of Aarhus, June 10-13, 1980.
Aarhus University, DenmarkInstitute of Forensic Medicine
- Buhl, L H
- Publication Date: 1980
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: p. 66-71
- TRT Terms: Automobiles; Conferences; Crash investigation; Fatalities; Railroad trains; Suicide
- Subject Areas: Highways; Railroads; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment; I81: Accident Statistics;
- Accession Number: 00331216
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Safety Council Safety Research Info Serv
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 15 1981 12:00AM