ECONOMICS AND DESIGN REQUIREMENT OF PIPELINE TRANSPORT FOR COAL SLURRY
An overview of coal pipelining based on the author's experiences with an actual operation. Briefly covers the production and processing phases before going into the more technical aspects of the design considerations such as concentrations, velocities, flow and storage. The economics are briefly covered and a table comparing the transportation costs of various types of energy is provided along with a table of water requirements for coal pipelines.
- Presented at 1962 National Power Conference, Sept. 23-26, 1962, which was sponsored by the Power Divisions of ASME and American Institute of Electrical Engineers.
American Society of Mechanical EngineersThree Park Avenue
New York, NY USA 10016-5990
- Reichl, E R
- Thagard, W T
- Publication Date: 1962-9
- Pagination: 10 p.
- TRT Terms: Coal pipelines; Economic analysis; Pipeline transportation; Pipelines; Structural design
- Old TRIS Terms: Economic analysis (Pipelines); Pipeline design; Pipeline economics
- Subject Areas: Economics; Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation; Pipelines; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00056276
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: AMERICAN INSTITUTE OF ELECTRICAL ENGINEERS
- Report/Paper Numbers: CPA #62-5113
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 24 1974 12:00AM