THE KAWASAKI SUBMERSIBLE WORK VEHICLE HAKUYA
The Kawaski submersible work vehicle HAKUYA, designed, developed, and built by Kawasaki Heavy Industries Ltd. under sponsorship of Japan Ship's Machinery Development Association, can be used for underwater inspection of cables, pipelines, and the like at depths to 300 m. The HAKUYA carries a crew of three at speeds up to 3.5 knots with an endurance of 5 hours at 1 knot. The vessel was launched in March 1971 and delivered to Ocean Systems Japan Ltd.
Japan Ships' Machinery Development AssociationTokyo, Japan
- Publication Date: 1971
- Pagination: 3 p.
- TRT Terms: Construction; Pipelines; Repairing; Submersibles; Underwater pipelines
- Old TRIS Terms: Pipeline construction; Underwater repairs
- Subject Areas: Construction; Marine Transportation; Pipelines; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00056264
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: American Petroleum Institute
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 15 1974 12:00AM