MARINE MARKET ANALYSIS. FLEET DEVELOPMENT AND NEWBUILDING REQUIREMENTS
The study quantifies the future markets up to 1987 for medium to high power marine propulsion machinery, i.e. above 10 MW. This constitutes the potential market for steam turbines. The report has been confined to ship types of main importance with regard to present application and future development, and includes container ships (above 5,000 dwt), bulk carriers (above 50,000 dwt), tankers (above 50,000 dwt), and LNG-carriers (above 20,000 dwt). Order from NSFI as No. 22023.
- NILSSON, B
- Publication Date: 1980
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 38 p.
- TRT Terms: Bulk carriers; Containerships; Electric power plants; Fleet management; Market assessment; Propulsion; Steam turbines; Tankers; Vehicle power plants
- Uncontrolled Terms: Market analysis
- Old TRIS Terms: Fleet requirements; Power plant selection; Propulsion machinery; Steam turbine propulsion; Tanker propulsion
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00330575
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Report/Paper Numbers: MMA 1/80
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 21 1981 12:00AM