ARRBTRAFIC : PROGRAM USER MANUAL - EQUILIBRIUM TRAFFIC ASSIGNMENT FOR FIXED DEMANDS
This manual is a revised edition of ATM no 4 (IRRD no 229983). The report provides detailed documentation and examples of input and output for a family of four equilibrium traffic assignment programs. ARRBTRAFIC/CDC CYBER (1) is useful for an accurate prediction of traffic flows according to the first wardrop equilibrium assignment principle (user cost minimisation). ARRB/TRANPLAN includes subroutines to interface with other travel demand programs to form a comprehensive planning system for generation, distribution and assignment. ARRBTRAFIC/NOVA-840 is suited to educational and research purposes and offers more options than the other versions. ARRBTRAFIC/CDC-CYBER (2) runs considerably faster and it uses the recent Dial - Klingman - Glover shortest path algortithm. An optional direct calculation method is included for combining two consecutive solutions, but may produce less accurate results when this option is selected. A generalised piece- wise speed- flow relationship is also provided to permit users to specify their own speed- flow relationship for a particular assignment study. The delay function provided by the user may be weighted by up to fifteen different values of capacity corresponding to differing link types. It also offers the option of sorting two- way links in the output listing. A microfiche listing of the four different versions of the code is included at the rear of this manual (A). (TRRL)
- Record URL:
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/isbn/086910333
ARRB Group Ltd.Vermont South, Victoria Australia
- Luk, JYK
- Makarov, A
- WIGAN, M R
- Publication Date: 1979-10
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 37 p.
- Publication of: Australian Road Research Board
- Publisher: ARRB Group Ltd.
- ISSN: 0005-0164
- TRT Terms: Computer programming; Computer programs; Costs; Equilibrium (Mechanics); Manuals; Mathematical models; Networks; Simulation; Specifications; Traffic assignment; Traffic control; Traffic distribution; Traffic flow; Traffic forecasting; Transfer characteristics; Travel demand; Travel time; Trip generation; Trip length
- Uncontrolled Terms: Transportation networks
- ITRD Terms: 224: Cost; 697: Journey time; 6473: Mathematical model; 1054: Network (traffic); 8645: Software; 177: Specifications; 679: Traffic assignment; 654: Traffic control
- Subject Areas: Finance; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; I71: Traffic Theory;
- Accession Number: 00330426
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: ARRB Group Ltd.
- ISBN: 0 86910 333
- Files: ITRD, TRIS, ATRI
- Created Date: May 21 1981 12:00AM