PALLETS: HAVE WE REACHED THE ULTIMATE IN DEVELOPMENT AND DESIGN?
In the last four years no "revolutionary" developments have taken place in the field of pallets. Users are still seeking a one trip unit, and manufacturers finding ways of reducing production costs, but in many instances legislation and marketing arrangements aimed at better control have brought about a move to a higher grade of pallet. There are also moves to rationalize the enormous number of pallet designs, and bring some order to component sizes. The economic situation in recent years, coupled with other external but inter-related forces, has caused a widespread demand for pallets of a higher grade, and reversed the growing trend towards seeking a genuine expendable or one-trip pallet. The costs associated with this trend have led to higher demand for pallet pools, and better control of pallet movements. The article considers dimensions, specification and testing of pallets, and gives details of a large number of pallet manufacturers.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/00392154
Turrett Press Limited65/65 Turnmill Street, Stamford House
London EC1, England
- Hardwick, J
- Publication Date: 1980-8
- Pagination: 12 p.
- Storage Handling Distribution
- Publisher: Turrett Press Limited
- ISSN: 0039-2154
- TRT Terms: Pallets
- Old TRIS Terms: Palletized cargo
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00330060
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Cargo Handling Coordination Assn
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 15 1981 12:00AM