ON THE ICE TRIAL OF A 14500 DWT TANKER ON THE GULF OF BOTHNIA
This tanker is described under the main headings of (i) time and test area, (ii) ice pressure, (iii) speed measurements, (iv) power measurements, (v) ice measurements, (vi) turning test, and (vii) relationship between ice pressure and structural response of the ship. The results are tabulated and illustrated by graphs and histograms.
- From the 24th Norwegian Ship Technology Conference, held Helsingfors, October 4-5, 1979.
- Korri, P
- Varsta, P
- Publication Date: 1979-10
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 28 p.
- TRT Terms: Force; Ice; Icebreakers; Maneuvering; Measurement; Ship trials; Speed measurement; Structural analysis; Structural mechanics; Tankers
- Uncontrolled Terms: Structural response
- Old TRIS Terms: Ice forces on structures; Ice measurement; Tanker maneuvering
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00330013
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: British Ship Research Association
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 21 1981 12:00AM