TRENDS AND ADVANCES IN BULK SHIP UNLOADING
The paper broadly reviews the growth of the bulk carrier fleet together with the associated unloading requirements and touches upon the technical approaches towards the design of new unloading equipment. One such machine is the PACECO Catenary Continuous Unloader of which a brief description is given. The basic concept is that of a digging bucket elevator type unit. In operation the buckets are pulled over the product, then elevated to the powerhead where they are inverted, providing a positive dumping action. The material is collected by a chute system and directed onto a conveyor for movement to shore. The PACECO Continuous Unloader is available in several sizes, providing unloading rates in the range 200-60,000 metric tons per hour. Order from BSRA as No. 54,812.
- Proceedings of the Third International Symposium on Transport and Handling of Materials, Vancouver, October 21-24, 1979.
- Venator, T J
- Publication Date: 1979-10
- Pagination: p. 257
- Int Symposium on Transport & Handling of Materials
- Issue Number: 16
- TRT Terms: Bulk cargo handling; Bulk carriers; Loading and unloading; Unloaders
- Old TRIS Terms: Bucket wheel unloaders; Bulk unloading systems; Unloading systems
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00329994
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: British Ship Research Association
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 21 1981 12:00AM