A NEW APPROACH TO FABRICATION DRAWINGS
In this paper a problem is discussed that has existed in the shipbuilding industry for many years; that is how to present to production workers fabrication drawings that are more accurate, less cumbersome and easily understood. An approach to solving this problem through use of N/C lofting software is presented and discussed.
- Proceedings of the REAPS Technical Symposium, held October 14-16, 1980, in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
IIT Research Institute10 West 35th Street
Chicago, IL USA 60616
- Ross, D P
- Publication Date: 1980
- Pagination: p. 371-391
- TRT Terms: Computer programs; Metal cutting; Numerical control; Planning; Production; Production control; Shipbuilding; Shipyards
- Old TRIS Terms: Computer programs (Shipbuilding); Plate cutting; Ship lofting
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Planning and Forecasting;
- Accession Number: 00329823
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Proceeding
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 15 1981 12:00AM