FOULING IN NAVAL CONDENSERS AND HEAT EXCHANGERS
The complex interacting effects of different operating conditions on fouling of heat exchanger surfaces in sea water are discussed and a rig is described in which it is intended to study these effects under controlled conditions, so that fouling margins for new designs can be more realistically predicted. Some measured fouling resistances in naval condensers are quoted.
- Cooling with Sea Water, Institution of Mechanical Engineers Conference Publications, 1979-6, London, May 15-16, 1979.
Mechanical Engineering Publications LimitedP.O. Box 24, Northgate Avenue
Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk IP32 6BW, England
- MacNair, E J
- Publication Date: 1979-5
- Features: References;
- Pagination: p. 39
- TRT Terms: Condensers; Fouling (Naval architecture); Heat exchangers; Military vessels
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00329761
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 12 1981 12:00AM