THE LOGISTICS OF BUNKERING
Between now and 1985, vessels to be built for coal firing could amount to some 30 million dwt for dry bulkers. An economic model of a 150000 dwt bulk carrier with a 17900 bhp stoker boiler/steam turbine burning 172 t/day of coal is analyzed. The bunkering system, and the need for developing a specially constructed bunkering facility are discussed. The prime candidate trades for coal bunkering are dealt with in some detail. Order from NSFI as No. 21194.
- First International Coal Fired Ships Conference Manual, held in London, April 28-29, 1980.
- van Oldenborgh, J
- Publication Date: 1980-4
- Pagination: 3 p.
- TRT Terms: Bulk carriers; Bunkering; Coal fuels; Fossil fuel power plants
- Old TRIS Terms: Coal burning equipment
- Subject Areas: Energy; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00329758
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Report/Paper Numbers: Paper No. 4
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 12 1981 12:00AM