BARGES, A FORGOTTEN RESOURCE IN INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING
The aim of this paper is to highlight the use of barges in international shipping. The use of barges in the domestic area, being Norway, as well as in international shipping is discussed. In Europe the use of barges of different forms has a long tradition and the barges are used heavily both on inland waterways and in coastal traffic. In Norway barges are only in limited use in coastal traffic and not at all in overseas traffic. Order from NSFI as No. 21073.
- Totland, T
- Publication Date: 1980-7
- Pagination: 20 p.
- TRT Terms: Barges; Coastwise shipping; International trade; Water traffic; Water transportation
- Geographic Terms: Norway
- Old TRIS Terms: Barge traffic; Barge transportation systems; Barge utilization; Coastal traffic
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00329755
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Report/Paper Numbers: Paper 7
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 12 1981 12:00AM