BARGE PROPULSION-RUDDER PROPELLER OR CONVENTIONAL STERN GEAR?
The article evaluates the use of packaged propulsion/steering plants versus conventional arrangements and concludes that the hydrodynamic efficiency of the two types is comparable; the purchase cost of packaged plants are higher and installation cost lower than for conventional plants; and that the packaged rudder plant shows an advantage where the facilities of the barge builder are of a low standard. Order from NSFI as No. 21175.
- Publication Date: 1980-6
- Pagination: p. 44
- TRT Terms: Steering systems; Vehicle power plants
- Old TRIS Terms: Barge propulsion; Propulsion plant selection
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00329746
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 12 1981 12:00AM