A COMPARISON OF RAILROAD COAL UNLOADING SYSTEMS
Three types of open-top cars for unit coal train service are discussed along with five types of unloading arrangements to determine optimal systems for different travel distances and tonnages. Geographic factors also have a role in what is essentially an economic analysis.
- Coal Production & Transportation: Sixth Annual Conference-- 1980, April 2-3, 1980, Fairmont Hotel, San Francisco, California.
PLM, Incorporated50 California Street
San Francisco, CA USA 94111
- Slater, R A
- Publication Date: 1980
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: p. 61-75
- TRT Terms: Analysis; Car dumpers; Coal; Coal industry; Economic analysis; Freight traffic; Gondola cars; Hopper cars; Physical distribution; Unit trains; Unloading facilities
- Old TRIS Terms: Analytical techniques
- Subject Areas: Economics; Freight Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00325706
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 18 1981 12:00AM