EVALUATING COAL TRANSPORTATION OPTIONS TO UPPER NEW YORK
There will be a significant increase in coal consumption in upstate New York in the decade ahead, although growth will not be as large as some have predicted. Rail transportation will remain the dominant, but not exclusive, mode of shipment of coal to New York. The extent to which Western coal can penetrate the market on Lake Erie will depend on transport costs and the establishment of severance taxes imposed by Western states.
- Coal Production & Transportation: Sixth Annual Conference-- 1980, April 2-3, 1980, Fairmont Hotel, San Francisco, California.
PLM, Incorporated50 California Street
San Francisco, CA United States 94111
- Vrooman, K D
- Publication Date: 1980
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: p. 33-40
- TRT Terms: Coal; Coal industry; Competition; Forecasting; Freight traffic; Traffic forecasting; Transportation modes
- Geographic Terms: Appalachia; New York (State)
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Planning and Forecasting; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00325704
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 18 1981 12:00AM