APPARATUS FOR LOOSENING FROZEN COAL IN HOPPER CARS
Frozen lumps of coal in conventional hopper cars are loosened by lowering an assembly of vertically oriented probe elements into the car while simultaneously vibrating the assembly. The vibratory structure is mounted on a gantry arrangement which also supports a supplemental probe arrangement utilizing impact forces to loosen coal in hopper cars having interiors different from those of the cars operated on by the vibratory arrangement.
Chesapeake and Ohio RailwayTerminal Tower, PO Box 6419
Cleveland, OH USA 44101
- Kirwan, G B
- Publication Date: 1980-9-9
- Pagination: v.p.
- TRT Terms: Coal; Freezing; Hopper cars; Patents; Unloading facilities; Vibrators (Electricity)
- Old TRIS Terms: Vibrators
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Freight Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00335065
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Energy Research Abstracts
- Report/Paper Numbers: Patent 4,221,521
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 15 1981 12:00AM