MANAGEMENT OF SHIPBOARD MAINTENANCE
This book is the result of extensive research into the management of maintenance aboard merchant ships from the points of view of the ship operator, the manufacturer, the consultant, and perhaps most important, shipboard personnel. One very important conclusion drawn from the research is the serious need for more training into the "how and why" of maintenance management. This book fulfils such a need as it is aimed at the seafarer, since it is upon him that the final onus rests, and also at shore-based superintendents as well as other ship operator personnel, who help to devise and run ship maintenance systems.
Stanford Maritime Limited12-14 Long Acre
London WC2E 9LP, England
- THOMAS, BEM
- Publication Date: 0
- Pagination: n.p.
- TRT Terms: Maintenance; Maintenance management; Maintenance practices; Management; Planning; Ships; Vehicle maintenance
- Uncontrolled Terms: Ship maintenance; Shipboard maintenance
- Old TRIS Terms: Management training; Planned maintenance
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Maintenance and Preservation; Marine Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management; Planning and Forecasting; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00331650
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 12 1981 12:00AM