RIGID PIPE PROOF TESTING UNDER EXCESS OVERFILLS WITH VARYING BACKFILL PARAMETERS: SECTION I, (VOLUME 2): CONCLUSIONS AND RECOMMENDATIONS, REINFORCED CONCRETE PIPE
This paper is a brief summary of observations, conclusions and recommendations for implementation is presented for the study of an 84-in. (2.14 m), reinforced concrete pipe at Cross Canyon. Included is a project "road-map," providing a directory to areas of the final report where more detailed information may be found. The study reiterated the structural advantage of pipe entrenchment in preconstructed embankment pads.
- Work described herein was performed in conjunction with the research project entitled, "Rigid Pipe Testing Under Excess Overfills Using Varying Backfill Conditions."
Sacramento, CA USA 95807
- Davis, R E
- Semans, F M
- Spannagel, D W
- Bacher, A E
- Publication Date: 1979-12
- Pagination: n.p.
- TRT Terms: Backfilling; Overtopping; Reinforced concrete pipe; Soil mechanics; Stiffness; Structural analysis
- Old TRIS Terms: Backfills; Overfills
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Highways; I42: Soil Mechanics;
- Accession Number: 00331197
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: FHWA/CA/SD-79/17 Intrm Rpt., FCP 45I2-172
- Files: TRIS, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Aug 15 1981 12:00AM