TIME CHARTERS: WHY THE CONFUSION
An important collection of papers addressing intricate and potentially costly aspects of time charter parties, which in the past have not been dealt with extensively nor in great depth. Sixteen respected experts and leaders from the shipping community review recent developments and decisions related to time charters. These men suggest specific courses of action which will significantly decrease your risk when dealing with time charter parties. The following subjects are covered by these papers: An Overview of Time Charter Issues; Dry Cargo Broker's Point of View; Tanker Broker's Point of View; Time Charter Parties, the Clubs and Off Hire Clauses; Charterer's Liability: Underwriter's Point of View; Ship Management: Special Considerations Relating to Time Charters; Time Charters and Ship Financing; Maritime Arbitration in the U.S.: An Arbitrator's Assessment; Withdrawal and Cancellation; Owner's Responsibilities and Exception Clauses; Third Party Liabilities; Bills of Lading Under Time Charters; Maritime Liens and Rights of Arrest and Attachment; Damages Receivable by an Aggrieved Party; and Arbitration and Time Charters: Common Sense-The Commodity Least Often Used.
- Price $55.00.
Lloyd's of London Press817 Broadway
New York, NY United States 10003
- Publication Date: 1981
- Pagination: n.p.
- TRT Terms: Arbitration; Bills of lading; Chartering; Financing; Liability; Ship management; Ship operations; Ships; Tanker shipping
- Uncontrolled Terms: Liens
- Old TRIS Terms: Ship financing; Tanker chartering
- Subject Areas: Law; Marine Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00330950
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 21 1981 12:00AM