FIFTEEN YEARS' EXPERIENCE IN OPERATION OF METHANE CARRIERS
QUINZE ANS D'EXPLOITATION DE NAVIRES METHANIERS
For fifteen years GAZOCEAN has been operating several methane carriers of various types and sizes. The paper presents the performances of the vessels in particular with respect to the boil-off, the dual firing in boilers, the cooling-down, the loading, and the pressure control in cargo tanks. Information is given regarding the reliability of the main equipment of the cargo system, the behaviour of the cargo tanks (in particular primary barrier, secondary barrier and double hull), of the pumps and compressors, the cargo piping and the remote control system.
- Paper 2, Session 3 of the 6th Conference, 7-10 April 1980.
International Conference of Liquefied Natural GasKyoto, Japan
- Grison, B
- Jolly, J P
- Publication Date: 1980
- Pagination: n.p.
- TRT Terms: Cargo handling; Liquefied gases; Liquefied petroleum gas; Methane; Reliability; Remote control; Tankers; Tanks (Containers)
- Old TRIS Terms: Cargo piping; Cargo pumps; Cargo tanks; Membrane tank systems; Methane tankers; Remote control systems
- Subject Areas: Design; Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00330918
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Conf Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 21 1981 12:00AM