ARCTIC MARINE SHIPPING ROUTE EVALUATIONS
Recent studies have attempted to refine our understanding of winter shipping conditions, particularly in dynamic areas such as the Beaufort Sea. This paper uses several recent Arctic shipping route evaluations as case studies, and attempts to isolate those ice characteristics considered amenable to a reliable statistical treatment, and relevant to vessel designers and operators.
- Presented at Ice Tech '81 sponsored by the Eastern Canadian Section of SNAME, 16-19 June 1981. Proceedings price to members $30.00; non-members $45.00.
Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers601 Pavonia Avenue
Jersey City, NJ United States 07306-2907
- Dickens, D F
- Publication Date: 1981
- Pagination: n.p.
- TRT Terms: Dynamics; Ice; Ice phenomena; Shipping; Studies; Trade routes
- Geographic Terms: Arctic Regions
- Old TRIS Terms: Arctic shipping; Ice characteristics; Ice dynamics; Trade route studies
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Hydraulics and Hydrology; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00330890
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Conf Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 21 1981 12:00AM