FLOATING GAS LIQUEFACTON INSTALLATION
A floating gas liquefaction installation having a liquefaction unit and a sealed, thermallly insulated tank space. The liquefaction unit is associated with a first independently floating unit and the tank space is constructed in a second independently floating unit. The two units, one of which exhibits high stability and the other of which exhibits a relatively lower stability, are associated with each other so that they respond together to wind and wave action. In one embodiment the units are fixedly connected to each other and in a second embodiment relative movement between the two units is possible.
Marine Service GmbH, Germany
- Meyerhaake, G D
- Publication Date: 1980-8-19
- Pagination: v.p.
- TRT Terms: Design; Floating docks; Liquefaction; Liquefied natural gas; LNG terminals; Offshore power plants; Offshore terminals; Patents; Tanks (Containers)
- Old TRIS Terms: Lng liquefaction; Lng tank design; Patents (Gas liquefaction)
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00330560
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Energy Research Abstracts
- Report/Paper Numbers: Patent
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 15 1981 12:00AM