THE GROWTH OF THE CHEMICAL CARRIER FLEET
Chemical carriers-purpose-built for the transportation of liquid petrochemicals and non-petroleum bulk liquids, have enjoyed booming market conditions since mid-1978. However, details of the chemical carrier fleet, its owners and trades are not easy to find. The study is structured to provide essential data relating to this sector of shipping. The fleet of chemical carriers, including small ships intended for short sea trading will be identified by ship type, age, size, flag, owner and operator. This analysis will be followed by a discussion of the trades served by these ships, the main operators of chemical carrier tonnage and the market in which they compete. Although the fleet of chemical carriers is relatively small in tonnage terms, the sophistication of these ships and the complexity of their trading patterns make this sector one of particular interest.
- From Shipping Studies 1980.
HPD Shipping Publications34 Brook Street, Mayfair
London W1Y 2LL, England
- Publication Date: 1980
- Pagination: n.p.
- TRT Terms: Bulk carriers; Chemical tankers; Fleet management; Liquid bulk cargo; Market assessment; Statistics; Trade; Vessel operations
- Uncontrolled Terms: Market analysis
- Old TRIS Terms: Fleet statistics; Trade analysis
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00330461
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: No. 90
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 21 1981 12:00AM