FATIGUE AND CRACK FAILURE PREDICTION METHODS IN MARINE STRUCTURES
The present report deals with analytical methods and expected accuracy of fatigue life predictions. A review of the most common formats for random stress amplitudes is given. (Chapter 1.) A review of different formats for resistance against fatigue and cracking is given, and some current fatigue data are summarized. (Chapter 2.) A collection of different formulae and calculation procedures for fatigue and crack development and fatigue life at different combination of stress and resistance formats has been worked out. (Chapter 3.) Different sources of uncertainties in predicted life time for marine structures have been discussed. (Chapter 4.) Influence of static gravity and buoyancy stresses on fatigue life has been discussed.
Norske VeritasP.O. Box 300, Veritasveien 1
N-1322 Hovik, Norway
- Gran, S
- Publication Date: 0
- Pagination: n.p.
- TRT Terms: Cracking; Failure; Fatigue (Mechanics); Fatigue cracking; Structural mechanics
- Uncontrolled Terms: Fatigue life; Structural failures
- Old TRIS Terms: Failure prediction; Fatigue stress
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00330024
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Rpt. 80-0688
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 21 1981 12:00AM