COLLISION DAMAGE OF JACK-UPS
A study of the collision resistance of a typical jack-up drilling platform has been carried out. Critical collision speeds for supply vessels of 2500 t displacement are found to be in the range 1.7--2.1 m/s. It is proposed that the size of ships operating in the vicinity of the platform should be limited, and that collision resistance should be one of the dimensioning criteria.
Norske VeritasP.O. Box 300, Veritasveien 1
N-1322 Hovik, Norway
- PETTERSEN, E
- Publication Date: 1980-6
- Pagination: n.p.
- TRT Terms: Casualties; Collisions; Energy absorption; Loss and damage; Offshore platforms; Set forward force; Supply vessels
- Old TRIS Terms: Jack up rigs; Offshore platform casualties
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00330023
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Rpt. 80-0685
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 21 1981 12:00AM