PROBABILITIES OF OCCURRENCE AND IMPACT VELOCITIES FOR COLLISIONS IN THE NORTH SEA
The probability of collision between ships and offshore installations is assessed using data published in the literature. Impact mechanics is studied and a procedure for determining impact velocities associated with various collision events is proposed based on the motion characteristics of a supply vessel and a semi-submersible. A survey of the size distribution of supply vessels classed with VERITAS is also included.
Norske VeritasP.O. Box 300, Veritasveien 1
N-1322 Hovik, Norway
- Amdahl, J
- Publication Date: 1980-6
- Pagination: n.p.
- TRT Terms: Casualties; Collisions; Energy absorption; Impact; Offshore platforms; Offshore support vessels; Set forward force; Supply vessels
- Old TRIS Terms: Impact properties; Offshore platform casualties
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00330022
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Rpt. 80-0687
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 21 1981 12:00AM