CONSTRUCTION PLANNING AND MANPOWER SCHEDULES FOR SINGLE SCREW MULTI PURPOSE MOBILIZATION PD214 IN COOPERATION WITH KAWASAKI HEAVY INDUSTRIES
Identifies shipbuilding production methods and procedures used by Japanese yards that provide the ability to deliver vessels of similar size and complexity more rapidly than American yards. By contracting with a modern Japanese shipbuilder to produce a detailed ship production plan and schedule, the Maritime Administration can compare specific elements of the production process to identify areas where the construction time in the U.S. may be shortened. The ship construction process is described by developing schedules, manpower plans and facilities utilization information in sufficient detail to meet this goal.
Kawasaki Heavy Industries, Limited4-1, Hamanatsu-cho 2-chome, Minato-ku
Tokyo 105, Japan
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Publication Date: 1980-1-1
- Pagination: v.p.
- TRT Terms: Deployment; Labor market; Planning; Production; Production control; Productivity; Series production; Ship outfitting; Shipbuilding; Shipbuilding materials; Ships; Shipyards
- Geographic Terms: Japan
- Old TRIS Terms: General arrangement plans; Mobilization ships; Ship descriptions (Multipurpose)
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Planning and Forecasting; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00329873
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Mar 12 1981 12:00AM