EFFECTIVENESS OF FREEWAY LIGHTING IN REDUCING ACCIDENTS
The results of a comparative analysis of the night-to-day accident rate ratios for a 6-month period when the lighting was off with those for a like period when the lighting was on are reported.
- Compendium Technical Paper 49th Annual Meeting Institute of Transportation Engineers, Toronto, September 23-27, 1979.
Institute of Transportation Engineers (ITE)Washington, DC United States
- Hilton, M H
- Publication Date: 1979
- Features: References;
- TRT Terms: Alternatives analysis; Crash rates; Daylight; Freeways; Highway transportation; Measures of effectiveness; Night; Prevention; Safety; Street lighting; Traffic crashes
- Uncontrolled Terms: Comparative analysis; Effectiveness
- Subject Areas: Design; Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies; I21: Planning of Transport Infrastructure; I82: Accidents and Transport Infrastructure;
- Accession Number: 00329619
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 21 1981 12:00AM