HOT PLANT RECYCLING OF ASPHALTIC CONCRETE
This report covers the design, construction and evaluation of two hot mix recycling projects. One project recycled two inches of existing dense-graded asphaltic concrete through a modified batch plant. The second project recycled a total of five inches of existing asphalt surface treatment and sand-clay-gravel base through a modified dryer-drum plant. Each project was evaluated with respect to construction techniques, recycled mix quality, economics and energy conservation. Results are pesented which indicate an acceptable recycled asphaltic concrete mixture was produced in each project.
- Record URL:
Louisiana Department of HighwaysResearch and Development Section
Baton Rouge, LA USA
- Carey, D E
- Paul, H R
- Publication Date: 1980-5
- Pagination: n.p.
- TRT Terms: Alternatives analysis; Asphalt concrete; Asphalt plants; Dryer drum process; Economics; Mixing plants; Recycling
- Subject Areas: Construction; Economics; Highways; Materials; I52: Construction of Pavements and Surfacings;
- Accession Number: 00325945
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Highway Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: FHWA-LA-80-143 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: 78-2B(B)
- Files: TRIS, USDOT, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Mar 12 1981 12:00AM