ICC RELEASES COMPUTER PROGRAMS FOR NEW RAIL COST ACCOUNTING SYSTEM
URCS, developed by the ICC Bureau of Accounts and its Section of Systems Development, replaces the Rail Form A to determine the cost of providing freight service for rate making purposes. URCS programs, written in Fortran 10, are run on a DEC-10 computer but can be programmed for other types. URCS Phase I encompasses statistical regression and analysis; Phase II contains worktables based on 1978 data from all Class I railroads. The required rail data base for all reporting Class I railroads is also available.
- Available from Section of Systems Development, Office of Managing Director, Interstate Commerce Commission, Washington, DC 20423.
Interstate Commerce CommissionBureau of Accounts
Washington, DC United States 20423
- Publication Date: 0
- Pagination: n.p.
- TRT Terms: Analysis; Computer programs; Costs; Freight service; Operating costs; Rate making; Regression analysis; Statistics
- Identifier Terms: FORTRAN (Computer program language); U.S. Interstate Commerce Commission
- Uncontrolled Terms: Cost analysis
- Old TRIS Terms: Analytical techniques; Rail form a costs
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Economics; Finance; Freight Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00325431
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 6 1981 12:00AM