RAILWAY FREIGHT CAR FIELD TESTS
A project entitled "Freight Car Dynamics" was conducted by Clemson and Arizona State Universities under contract to the Federal Railroad Administration. This paper summarizes efforts to characterize the vehicle and roadbed, and contains results of the test data analysis carried out by Clemson and Arizona State Universities.
- Papers presented at the ASME Winter Annual Meeting, November 16-21, 1980; Dynamic Systems and Control.
American Society of Mechanical EngineersTwo Park Avenue
New York, NY United States 10016-5990
- FRIES, R H
- Cooperrider, N K
- Law, E H
- Publication Date: 1980
- Pagination: n.p.
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers Papers
- Publisher: American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- TRT Terms: Dynamic tests; Field tests; Freight cars; Vehicle dynamics; Vehicle performance
- Uncontrolled Terms: Dynamic analysis
- Old TRIS Terms: Dynamic vehicle performance; Freight car dynamics
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00330655
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Mechanical Engineering
- Report/Paper Numbers: ASME 80-WA/DSC-7 Conf Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 12 1981 12:00AM