MODELING AND DYNAMIC RESPONSE OF MAGLEV VEHICLES SUBJECTED TO CROSSWIND GUSTS
This paper presents a two-degree-of-freedom model for magnetically levitated finite-length vehicles incorporating sway and yaw dynamics. Aerodynamic lateral forces and yawing moments on the vehicle resulting from constant speed wind gusts were computed using analytical techniques. Computer simulations were run for three vehicle speeds and three apparent mass factors.
- Papers presented at the ASME Winter Annual Meeting, November 16-21, 1980; Dynamic Systems and Control.
American Society of Mechanical EngineersTwo Park Avenue
New York, NY USA 10016-5990
- Garg, D P
- Barrows, T M
- Publication Date: 1980
- Pagination: n.p.
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers Papers
- Publisher: American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- TRT Terms: Aerodynamics; Magnetic levitation; Motor vehicles; Simulation; Stability (Mechanics); Wind
- Uncontrolled Terms: Lateral dynamics
- Subject Areas: Public Transportation; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00330654
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Mechanical Engineering
- Report/Paper Numbers: ASME 80-WA/DSC-8 Conf Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 12 1981 12:00AM