GUIDE TO CONSTRUCTION INFORMATION SYSTEM (CONCRETE) (C.I.S.)
The purpose of this report is to provide a guide to the Construction Information System (CIS), which is a computer based data storage and retrieval system of concrete information. The CIS in its ultimate version will be made up of three components: the Pre-Construction File, the Construction File, and the Post-Construction File. The present edition consists only of the Construction File. Once the Pre-Construction and the Post-Construction files have been added, the following information will be stored in the system: Pre Construction File- Properties of materials (test results on aggregates, water, cement, etc.); - Source of materials; Proportioning of materials. Construction File - Field test results (slump, air and temperature of concrete); - Laboratory test results (strength); - Location of work - etc. Post-Construction File - Field reports on condition of the concrete within the structure. Although the information is stored under the contract number, because of a cross referencing system, any information can be accessed regardless of contract.
Ontario Ministry of Transportation & Communic, CanQuality Assurance Section, 1201 Wilson Avenue
Downsview, ONo M3M 1J8, Canada
- Cautillo, G
- Publication Date: 1977-11
- Features: Appendices; Figures;
- Pagination: 60 p.
- TRT Terms: Cement; Computer memory; Concrete aggregates; Concrete construction; Concrete structures; Data storage; Field tests; Information systems; Laboratory tests; Manuals; Water
- Subject Areas: Highways; Materials; I32: Concrete;
- Accession Number: 00335518
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: EM-12
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 23 1981 12:00AM