LOAD RESTRICTION DETERMINATION STUDY
The project identified various highway roadways subjected to load restrictions for cataloguing on a District-wide map. An investigation of freeze-thaw events and pavement deflections was conducted in addition to collection of weather data at selected sites. "Frost Tubes" were evaluated and found to be an effective tool for measuring frost depths. Limited data was collected due to warm winters and short freeze-thaw cycles. It was concluded that load restrictions are not needed until the temperature changes to a warming period. Additional research is needed to determine when load restrictions should be removed.
- Record URL:
Washington State Department of HighwaysHighway Administration Building
Olympia, WA United States 98501
- Whalen, K
- Publication Date: 1980-9
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 36 p.
- TRT Terms: Deflection; Depth; Freeze thaw durability; Frost; Load limits; Measuring instruments; Pavements
- Old TRIS Terms: Pavement deflection
- Subject Areas: Design; Highways; Pavements; I22: Design of Pavements, Railways and Guideways; I23: Properties of Road Surfaces;
- Accession Number: 00335516
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: WA-RD-40.1 Res Rpt.
- Files: TRIS, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Nov 23 1981 12:00AM