TRANSPORT AND REURBANISATION
The book stresses the interrelations that exist between urban developments and urban planning on the one hand and the structure and volume of traffic in urban areas on the other. It presents evidence that an integral policy of reurbanisation could lead to more favourable traffic conditions and, in general, more acceptable living conditions. The main instruments proposed are the promotion of the inner city's residential function and decentralisation of other activities to outer urban areas.
Gower PressGuildford, England
- KLAASSEN, L H
- Bourdrez, J A
- Volmuller, J
- Publication Date: 1981
- Pagination: 224 p.
- TRT Terms: Central business districts; City planning; Decentralization; Residential areas; Suburbs; Traffic volume; Urban areas; Urban renewal; Urban transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Inner cities
- Subject Areas: Highways; Planning and Forecasting; I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00335478
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 28 1981 12:00AM