PROGRESS IN CONCRETE TECHNOLOGY
Nineteen comprehensive state-of-the-art papers on recent developments in concrete technology are presented. The first paper previews the technical challenges that will face the concrete industry by the year 2000. Subsequent papers are loosely grouped under the headings of aggregates, special cements, admixtures, new types of concretes, and testing methodology. The papers included are as follows: Concrete for the Year 2000; Sampling of Aggregates for Concrete; Lightweight Aggregates: Properties, Applications and Outlook; The Nature of the Strength of Concrete; Expansive Cements and their Applications; High Alumina Content--Its Properties, Applications and Limitations; Concrete Made with Supplementary Cementing Materials; Superplasticizers: Their Effect on Fresh and Hardened Concrete; Role of Calcium Chloride in Concrete; Ferrocement: A New Construction Material; Development and Use of Polymer Concrete and Polymer Impregnated Concrete; Sulphur Concrete and Sulphur Infiltrated Concrete: Properties, Applications and Limitations; Recycled Concrete As a New Aggregate; Gap Graded Concrete--Its Properties, Applications and Limitations; Accelerated Testing--A Review; and In-Situ Testing for Concrete.
Energy, Mines & Resources CanadaOttawa, Ontario, Canada
- Malhotra, V M
- Publication Date: 1980
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 796 p.
- TRT Terms: Accelerated tests; Admixtures; Aggregates; Aluminum oxide; Calcium chloride; Cement; Concrete; Expansive cement; Ferrocement; Field tests; Industries; Lightweight concrete; Mineral aggregates; Petrography; Plasticizers; Polymer concrete; Recycled materials; Research; Sampling; State of the art studies; Strength of materials; Sulfur; Superplasticizers
- Old TRIS Terms: Concrete technology; Insitu methods
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Highways; Materials; Research; I32: Concrete;
- Accession Number: 00335420
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: MRP/MSL 80-89 (TR)
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 28 1981 12:00AM