URBAN PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION--SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGY
This textbook covers engineering aspects of transit systems. The chapters are: History and Role of Transit in Urban Development, Urban Passenger Transport Modes; Vehicle Characteristics and Motion, Highway Transit Modes, Rail Transit Modes, New Concepts and Proposed Modes, Transit System Performance, and Paratransit and Specialized Modes. Theoretical aspects and practical applications are blended to produce a reference for academic use and for professionals in city planning, transit agencies, consulting firms and government agencies.
Prentice-Hall, IncorporatedRoute 9W
Englewood Cliffs, NJ United States 07632
- Vuchic, V R
- Publication Date: 0
- Features: Appendices; Photos; Tables;
- Pagination: 673 p.
- TRT Terms: Design; Intelligent transportation systems; Light rail transit; Public transit; Rapid transit; Textbooks; Transportation planning; Urban development; Urban transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Design criteria
- Old TRIS Terms: Advanced systems
- Subject Areas: Design; Operations and Traffic Management; Passenger Transportation; Public Transportation; Railroads; Society; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00335284
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 9 1982 12:00AM