SUMMARY REPORT TRACK/TRAIN DYNAMICS--PHASE V
Canadian National's participation in the International Track Train Dynamics Program has, in Phase V, included investigations of the fundamentals of freight car tracking behavior which yielded data on vehicle performance and truck design parameters; on initial and residual stress in continuous welded rail; and of the cost/benefit relationships for concrete cross ties in North American track structures.
Canadian National Railways935 la Gauchetiere Street, West
Montreal, Quebec H3C 3N4, Canada
- Publication Date: 1979-4
- Features: Appendices; Photos;
- Pagination: 42 p.
- TRT Terms: Concrete; Concrete ties; Continuous welded rail; Freight cars; Rail (Railroads); Railroad ties; Railroad tracks; Residual stress; Stresses; Train track dynamics; Trucks; Vehicle design; Vehicle dynamics
- Old TRIS Terms: Freight car dynamics; Rail stress; Track structures
- Subject Areas: Design; Motor Carriers; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00335050
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: TP 2010
- Contract Numbers: OSD-78-00031
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 9 1981 12:00AM