LOUISIANA STATE RAIL PLAN UPDATE
The State's rail planning process, including benefit/cost analysis for light-density lines, is described in opening sections. This is followed by a description of major characteristics of the Louisiana rail network. There is then a line-by-line analysis of 11 marginal segments with facilities and traffic, present and future, analyzed. These are followed by a prioritization of the lines, indicating the desirability of government-funded track rehabilitation if continued operation is desirable.
CONSAD Research Corporation121 North Highland Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA USA 15206
- Publication Date: 1981-1-5
- Features: Appendices; Photos; Tables;
- Pagination: 13 p.
- TRT Terms: Abandonment; Government funding; Maintenance of way; Railroad traffic; Railroad transportation; State government; States; Traffic density; Transportation planning
- Identifier Terms: Railroad Revitalization and Regulatory Reform Act of 1976
- Geographic Terms: Louisiana
- Old TRIS Terms: Light density lines; State rail plan
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Finance; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00335049
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Jul 9 1981 12:00AM