OFFSHORE PIPELINE RISERS AND THEIR ADAPTABILITY TO DEEP WATER
Of the various types of risers available, the bending shoe method is the most economical for producers desiring transmission lines to deep-water locations. The installation can be extended to 600 ft of water with minor modifications. For infield flow lines or small transmission lines, the pull-tube type of riser can be used. Substantial cost is involved for both methods, which must be provided for at the time of fabrication. However, these facilities will ultimately yield great savings.
Society of Petroleum Engineers Ann Fall Mtg (43rd)6200 North Central Expressway
Dallas, TX United States 75206
- Faust, R C
- Publication Date: 1968-9
- Pagination: 4 p.
- TRT Terms: Construction; Pipe laying; Pipelines; Riser pipe; Underwater pipelines
- Old TRIS Terms: Pipe risers; Pipeline construction
- Subject Areas: Construction; Marine Transportation; Pipelines; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00056037
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: American Petroleum Institute
- Report/Paper Numbers: SPE #2279 Preprint
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 24 1974 12:00AM