PIPE COUPLING TECHNIQUES FOR MARINE PIPELINES
A review covers methods and fittings developed for pipelines on land and their suitability for underwater installations; new methods and fittings prepared specifically for underwater lines; use of the Van Stone or lap-joint flange for slight variations in vertical and horizontal planes; the use of side loops or swivels (e.g., flexijoint or ball-knuckle fittings) for larger variations in the horizontal plane and to compensate for excessive pipe length; and the use of swivels in a double-hinge type of installation of risers to platforms.
- Meeting held in Houston, Texas, Sept. 29-Oct. 2, 1968.
Society of Petroleum Engineers Ann Fall Mtg (43rd)6200 North Central Expressway
Dallas, TX United States 75206
- Thielhelm, H W
- Publication Date: 1968-9
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 15 p.
- TRT Terms: Construction; Couplers; Pipe; Pipe laying; Pipelines; Riser pipe; Underwater pipelines
- Old TRIS Terms: Pipe couplings; Pipe risers; Pipeline construction
- Subject Areas: Construction; Marine Transportation; Pipelines; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00056036
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: American Petroleum Institute
- Report/Paper Numbers: SPE #2280 Preprint
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 24 1974 12:00AM