RAILROAD TRACK. THEORY AND PRACTICE: MATERIAL PROPERTIES, CROSS-SECTIONS, WELDING, AND TREATMENT
This handbook, compiled by the former head of German Federal Railway track department, contains papers which provide insights into the theory, practice and experience of German and Swiss track engineers in the design, construction, and maintenance of high-performance track systems. Topics include wheel-rail interaction, rail manufacture, properties and behavior of rails, quality control, fabrication and maintenance of continuous welded rail, rail flaws, rail fasteners, switch design, track economics, rail cascading, and special problems with rail in subways.
Ungar (Frederick) Publishing Company, Incorporated250 Park Avenue South
New York, NY United States 10003
- Publication Date: 1981
- Pagination: 480 p.
- TRT Terms: Continuous welded rail; Defects; Handbooks; Maintenance of way; Quality control; Rail (Railroads); Rail fasteners; Rail steel; Rail transit facilities; Railroad tracks; Wear
- Uncontrolled Terms: Switches
- Old TRIS Terms: Cascading; Rail flaws; Rail steel metallurgy; Track structures
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00334959
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 9 1981 12:00AM