THE FUTURE ROLE OF RAIL
Charged with determining the role for rail in the Province for the remainder of this century and into the next, the Ontario Task Force on Provincial Rail Policy has made a series of recommendations which are seen leading to revitalization of rail as a major component of an integrated transportation system. The Report's 12 chapters: The Challenge to the Task Force; Fundamentals of the System; Passenger Rail--An Essential Service; Commuter Rail; Ontario's Local and Regional Services; The Special Requirements for Northern Ontario; Rail Freight; Issues of Railway Costing; Research, Development and Economic Opportunities; Railway Electrification and Alternative Fuel Strategies; Protecting the Public Interest; The Changing Roles.
Ontario Task Force on Provincial Rail PolicyRoom 172, Legislative Building, Queen's Park
Toronto, ONo M7A 1A2, Canada
- Publication Date: 1981-1
- Features: Photos;
- Pagination: 128 p.
- TRT Terms: Alternate fuels; Commuter service; Energy conservation; Forecasting; Freight service; Governments; Multimodal transportation; Passenger service; Planning; Policy; Railroad electrification; Transportation planning
- Identifier Terms: Canadian National; Canadian National Railways; Canadian Pacific
- Geographic Terms: Ontario (Province)
- Old TRIS Terms: Government planning; Government policies; Multimodal transportation systems
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Energy; Environment; Freight Transportation; Passenger Transportation; Planning and Forecasting; Policy; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00334696
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 9 1981 12:00AM