AUTOMOTIVE AVERAGE FUEL ECONOMY STANDARDS. HEARINGS BEFORE THE SUBCOMMITTEE ON ENERGY AND POWER, MARCH 28 AND APRIL 15, 1980
On 28 March and 15 April 1980, hearings were held before the Energy and Power Subcommittee of the House Interstate and Foreign Commerce Committee on several bills which would affect Federal automotive fuel economy standards. H.R. S140 and H.R. 5260 are identical bills which would amend Title V of the Motor Vehicle Information and Cost Savings Act. H.R. 5944 would amend Part A of Title III of the Energy Policy and Conservation Act to provide an alternative means for small manufacturers to meet the fuel economy standards established under such provisions. H.R. 6908 would amend Part A of Title III of the Energy Policy Conservation Act to provide an alternative means for manufacturers to meet the fuel economy standards established under such provisions and to encourage an increase of the domestic value added content in labor and materials of foreign automobiles sold in the United States. H.R. 6943 would amend the Motor Vehicle Information and Cost Savings Act to benefit consumers by encouraging automotive fuel conservation through extending the carryover and carryback periods for fuel economy credits earned by manufacturers and to encourage increases in the domestic value added content in labor and materials of foreign automobiles sold in the United States. This document contains a transcript of the hearings, as well as the texts of the bills themselves.
- 96th Congress, 2nd Session, H.R. 5140, H.R. 5260, H.R. 5944, H.R. 6908, and H.R. 6943.
United States House of RepresentativesCommittee on Interstate and Foreign Commerce
Washington, DC United States 20515
- Publication Date: 1980
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 230 p.
- TRT Terms: Automobile industry; Automobiles; Consumers; Energy conservation; Fuel consumption; Incentives; Laws; Standards
- Subject Areas: Energy; Environment; Highways; Law; Vehicles and Equipment; I96: Vehicle Operating Costs;
- Accession Number: 00334667
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Serial No. 96-162, HS-030 395
- Files: HSL, TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 16 1984 12:00AM