RESISTANCE CHARACTERISTICS OF A SYSTEMATIC SERIES OF PLANING HULL FORMS--SERIES 65
This paper presents the results of resistance measurements made on Series 65. This series is composed of two groups of hard chine planing hulls with widely different planforms. Within each of the groups, the length-beam ratio and the deadrise are varied. The results are incorporated with those from Series 62 to form a comprehensive compilation of planing craft experimental data. The results are analyzed and compared with predictions from the equations for prismatic surfaces developed by Savitsky.
- Presented at Chesapeake Section Meeting of SNAME.
Naval Ship Research and Development CenterShip Dynamics Division
Bethesda, MD USA 20034
- Hadler, J B
- Hubble, E N
- Holling, H D
- Publication Date: 1974-5
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 53 p.
- TRT Terms: Fluid resistance; Hulls; Hydroplanes; Pleasure craft; Trim (Aeronautics); Vehicle design
- Uncontrolled Terms: Hull resistance; Small craft
- Old TRIS Terms: Hull configurations; Trim
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00054989
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 15 1974 12:00AM