SOFTWARE SERIES: SAFEM: A FINITE-ELEMENT FATIGUE LIFE DESIGN PROGRAM FOR FREIGHT CAR STRUCTURES AND COMPONENTS
The SAFEM Program enables a designer to conduct fatigue life calculations during the design process for freight cars or components when modelled by finite elements. It incorporates the recommendations given in Association of American Railroads Research Report No. 245, entitled: "Interim Guidelines for Fatigue Analysis of Freight Cars," May 1977.
Chicago, IL United States 60616
- Prasad, B
- SINGH, S P
- Publication Date: 1980-7
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 158 p.
- TRT Terms: Computer programs; Design; Fatigue (Mechanics); Finite element method; Freight cars; Vehicle design
- Uncontrolled Terms: Design criteria; Fatigue analysis; Fatigue life
- Old TRIS Terms: Freight car components; Freight car design
- Subject Areas: Design; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00334474
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: AAR R-434 Tech Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 12 1981 12:00AM